Here are three recent messages that are especially relevant for the situation we find ourselves in today. It is vitally important that we understand these issues from a Biblical worldview and that we are equipped impart these truths to others.
“[Jesus] answered, 'Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.'" -Matthew 19:4-6
Ways the World Gets Marriage Wrong - part 1
- The world thinks that marriage is a human invention.
- The world does not remember why marriage is between one man and one woman.
Ways the World Gets Marriage Wrong - part 2
- The world thinks marriage is just a contract, not a covenant.
- The world think marriage is primarily about the personal happiness and fulfillment of adults.
- The world forgets the purposes of marriage.
Ways the World Gets Gender Wrong
- Many in the world assert that gender is a spectrum rather than two distinct categories.
- Most of the world thinks one gender is better than the other.
- The world thinks there are no important differences between genders--and if there were that would be a bad thing.
- The world thinks we have autonomy over our gender.